Friday, October 2, 2009

12g Nano update



The 12g tank is doing great. I got a water test kit... the water is perfect! The striped damsel is still doing awesome... I had a couple of snails and a star fish in there with "fishy". The rock was starting to get very purple, and the sand is always clean, and I clean the glass regularly.

I had been noticing that the flow of water into the back chambers seems to be restricted. I pulled the sponges out and cleaned them... all three of them. Since then the water is perfect, and the water flow is much better. After the water parameters got back to normal, I took a trip over to the LFS. I picked up 10 blue leg crabs, 5 turbo snails, and a feather duster.

I waited for a couple of days for all that to normalize, and then went back to the store to check on some shrimp... no dice. They suggested that I not add any more inverts now, and I agree... the tank is a little thick with the crawlers at the moment. I did get a frag of star polyps though. It's sitting in the sand near the front of my tank. It's very happy.

It's all a very happy tank, and I'm a very very happy tank owner.

No comments: