Monday, July 13, 2009

24g update

When I came back from Europe, the 24g was empty and dirty. The glass was covered in algae, and the rocks bare. I left the water running and just let it sit there for. Grant's 90 gallon tank was very sad. Only the blue tang and the golden striped tomato clown were left...

Two weeks went by, and in that time the blue tang passed. Once it was gone, it occurred to me that the ammonia spike from my tank might have cleared. I tested the water, and all seemed perfect. I moved the tomato to the 24g. It wasn't healthy. The 90g tank's crash was hard on it. But it's been in the 24g for a couple of weeks now and it's doing MUCH better.

Once food was introduced back into the system, I noticed a hassarius snail come out of the sand... A couple days later, I noticed a hermit crab... then another. The tank's parameters are great, and all the life inside is happy.... though limited.

No comments: