Monday, March 1, 2021

I miss salt water fish

So much lift has happened since the last post. If you're reading this, I'll assume you know most, if not all of those details. When I last posted to the blog, I basically had 3 salt water tanks. - 16g nano-cube mostly reef, 2 fish, some shrimp, snails, etc. - 21g long front that was mostly reef, 4 fish, lost of support life deep bed - 51g bow front, all marine. I had made a trip to europe and had a keeper watching over the tanks for me. They knew the basics of how to feed and whatnot. My tanks had been very stable for a very long time, and so I expected nothing to go wrong. Then the power failed, and the HVAC unit didn't work with the power came back on, and I wasn't able to return early to manage the fall out. All three tanks crashed with a 100% loss. I was so devidated by this, that I ended up giving away all the equipment I had. Fast forward many years, and my kids don't have a pet. They ask for a dog, or a cat. I offer Lizard, we compromise on fish. Right now, I have a single 5g fresh water tank. two Guppies, two shrimp, two snails, and absolutely nothing to write home about. Also, I've learned that I hate plastic walled tanks. Scratches are a nightmare.

No comments: